Jigsaw Puzzle Manufacturers
The following list of all known publishers of jigsaw puzzles, past and
specific brands of jigsaw puzzles where appropriate, is provided as a service to
members of the American Jigsaw Puzzle Society. We hope you find it
helpful, and welcome your comments and suggestions.
Century Jigsaw Puzzles
- Allied (USA). Manufacturer of Springbok puzzles.
- Artifact Puzzles - wooden jigsaw
- Battle Road Press (USA) - 500-piece jigsaw puzzles, plus Brown Box Wooden
Puzzles (400 pieces) and Wood Box Wooden Puzzles (30 pieces)
- Bepuzzled - see University Games
- Blue Opal (Australia)
- A Broader View
- Buffalo Games (USA) - publisher of the following brands:
- BGI Collectibles
- City Character Jigsaw Puzzles
- College Sports Jigsaw Puzzles
- Hautman Brothers
- Lost in a Jigsaw
- Mystery of the Pyramid Jigsaw Puzzle
- NFL Jigsaw Puzzles
- Norman Rockwell Puzzles
- Panoramics Jigsaw
- Photomosaics Jigsaw Puzzles
- Quiz Jigsaw Puzzles
- World's Most Difficult Jigsaw Puzzles
Posters Jigsaw Puzzles
- 3D Spherical Jigsaw Puzzles
- 3 Layer Jigsaw Puzzles
- Chateau-Jumbo, Inc.
PO Box 348 Agawam, MA 01001. A U.S. manufacturer of educational games
and specialty puzzles.
- Clementoni Jigsaw Puzzles
- high-quality puzzles from Italy, including the current "world's
largest jigsaw puzzle," at a whopping 13,200 pieces.
- Consolidated Paper Box Co. (USA) - Publisher of the following brands:
- Big Star
- Big Ten
- Perfect Double Puzzles
- Perfect Picture Puzzles
- Daze Jig Picture Puzzle (USA).
- Decipher - manufacturer of Armchair Detective Mystery Puzzle Game, now
- Detroit Gasket & Mfg. Co, Detroit MI - publishers of the Dee-Gee
- Educa Jigsaw Puzzles
- high-quality puzzles from Spain.
- Einson-Freeman Specialty Puzzles. Publishers of the following
- Crime Club
- Eye Witness
- Problem Puzzles
- Radio Stars
- Surprise Bag
- Elms Puzzles - Handcut wooden
- Eurographics Jigsaw Puzzles
- Every Week (USA) - publisher of weekly jigsaw puzzles in the 1930's.
- Fairchild. Publishers of the following brands:
- Falcon Jigsaw Puzzles
- Fort Wayne Paper Box Co, Fort Wayne, IN. Publishers of the Wayne
- F X Schmid - see Ravensburger, below.
- Great American Puzzle Factory (USA)
- H. P. Gibson & Sons (United Kingdom)
- Heye Jigsaw Puzzles (Germany)
- Hoyle (USA) - much better known for their playing cards than for jigsaw
puzzles (they're the Rules According to Hoyle people), Hoyle has
followed Piatnik's lead a bit in also manufacturing jigsaw puzzles. At
this point, a limited selection designed more for mass merchandising than
for true jigsaw puzzle aficionados. Hoyle is now owned by US Playing
- Jig of Jigs (USA) - publisher of weekly jigsaw puzzles in the 1930's.
- Jig of the Week (USA) - publisher of weekly jigsaw puzzles in the 1930's.
- Jumbo Jigsaw Puzzles
- Kingdom Puzzles - Puzzles with images of nature and the animal kingdom.
- Liberty Puzzles
- MasterPieces Puzzle Company
- Mill Street Puzzle Company
- Milton Bradley (USA) - publisher of the following brands:
- Movie Cut-Ups (USA) - publisher of weekly jigsaw puzzles in the
1930's. "A Weekly Puzzle of your Favorite Movie Stars in coming
- The Muddle. publisher of weekly jigsaw puzzles in the 1930's.
Creators of the slogan: "Get in a huddle and try The
- Nathan Jigsaw Puzzles (France) - manufacturers of high quality jigsaw puzzles, ranging in
size up to 6,000 pieces. Includes fine art jigsaw puzzles, historical
English puzzles, and metallic print jigsaw puzzles.
- Nordevco (USA)
- Piatnik Jigsaw Puzzles (Austria) - manufacturers of high quality jigsaw puzzles, ranging
in size up to 6,000 pieces
- Picture Puzzle Weekly (USA) - publisher of weekly jigsaw puzzles in the
- Pomegranate Jigsaw Puzzles
- Raritan Valley Mfg. Co., Somerville NJ. Publisher of the Relaxation
Picture Puzzle, with the slogan: "A Picture Puzzle a Day Keeps the Doctor
Away." Catchy, eh?
- Ravensburger Jigsaw Puzzles
- Regent DeLuxe Picture Puzzles (USA).
- Ricordi Arte, from Italy
- Saalfied. Publisher of the following brands:
- Blue Ribbon
- Fine Arts
- Quiet Hour
- Schmidt Jigsaw Puzzles
- Selegiochi Jigsaw Puzzles
- Serendipity Puzzle Company
- Sierra Picture Puzzle (USA).
- Spilsbury Jigsaw Puzzles
- Springbok - Previously a division of Hallmark, now owned by Allied and
once again back in production.
- SunsOut (USA) - SunsOut offers jigsaw puzzles ranging in size from 300 to
- TDC Games
- Morph Magic
anamorphic jigsaw puzzles
- Thomas Holdsworth & Sons (New Zealand)
- Trefl Jigsaw Puzzles
- Tuco Work Shops, Inc., Lockport, NY. By 1933, one of the three
(along with Milton Bradley and Consolidated Paper Box Company) dominant
publishers of jigsaw puzzles.
- University Games (USA) - publishers of the following brands:
- Agatha Christie Mystery Jigsaw Puzzles - now discontinued, but they
were nice puzzles.
- Bepuzzled Jigsaw Puzzles
- Buried Blueprints
jigsaw puzzles - discontinued (sadly) in 2001.
- Impossibles 750 piece (plus 5 extra piece) borderless jigsaw puzzles
- Viking Manufacturing Co.
- Warren Industries - a RoseArt Company. Manufacturer of the following
- Coca-Cola Puzzle Collection
- Hometown Puzzles
- Kodacolor Puzzles
- Magic Effects Puzzles
- White Mountain Jigsaw Puzzles
- Whitman. Publisher of the following brands:
- 20th Century
- Blue Ribbon
- Currier & Ives
- Deluxe Gold Seal
- Zane Grey
- Wilkie's. Also published Everybody's.
- Woozy-Jig Picture Puzzle
online jigsaw puzzle
* * * * *
Of interest . . .